- Related Products
Let us know choice, if not we'll send white.
Radioshop description -
‘The Montereys’ are our take on the late sixties era of Strat Pickups both in appearance and tone. Featuring period correct Black Enamel Wire, Black and Grey Bobbins and Alnico 5 Staggered Magnets ‘The Montereys’ have proved a massive hit in our workshop. Far from just looking different to other Strat pickups, they have a mellow sweetness to the treble strings and ‘plonky’ twang to the bass strings which screams for the more relaxed bluesy playing of the late ‘Gypsies’ era of the man who inspired this set. With slightly less pronounced mid response than our ’63s, anything from funky scratch to bluesy rock playing is possible here.
- Hand Bevelled, Vintage Staggered Alnico 5 Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Black Plain Enamel.
- Vintage Spec Output: 6k (N), 6k (M), 6.2k (B).
- Vintage Cloth Hook-up wire.
- Black and Grey Fibreboard Bobbins dipped in Nitrocellulose.
- Pickups Wax Potted to reduce Microphonic Feedback.
- Magnet degaussing to reproduce light ageing available on request.
- Pickups supplied with Covers, Screws and Spacers.